Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Random ugliness and pictures of cuteness

This isn't going to be pretty or really uplifting.
But I've got to blog the low points too.

So to make up for my words I'm including pictures of the
ADORABLE PRINCESS CONTESSA!
and captions which will probably make the whole thing more random and hard to follow.
Bear with me.
I'm like 30 weeks pregnant with #5.

Sunday the shower project was looking good.
We were able to use it that night for baths and Jordan and I both used it on Monday morning.
Then that morning I couldn't figure out where the drip I was hearing in the
kitchen was coming from.

Yep.
Shower leaked.
Into my kitchen.
On to my 2 year old wood ceiling.
Yep.
Jordan came home and started ripping the ceiling out.
And that is when I grabbed the kids and left for the pool.
Could. not. Take. it.
Miss Adorable chose her own clothes today.
And INSISTED that she do it 'myself, mommy!'
She also chose the headband...and it is just too much for me to take.

Almost got it here mom!

School starts in one week exactly.
Supplies are bought. Bags are packed.
They are so excited.
My heart is so heavy.
Someone asked me if I was anxious for school to start?
No.
Am I ready for schedules and structure and fall weather?
Yes.
But I want those things and I want Lauren and Avery home.
We've had an amazing summer. I'm so thankful for my time with these 4.
Dont get me wrong. There has been a lot of fighting the past 2-3 weeks. A lot.
They are ready to go.
I am not.
I want them here.
I'm sad and depressed about it.
I'm not kidding about it or speaking in jest.

Here is her silly face! Love her.

This is her precious face. Oh she makes my heart hurt.
She makes it smile. She makes it so very happy.
She promised me she isn't ever going to kindergarten.
I gave her a sucker for it.

I'm over this pregnancy.
Back pain. Some serious hip and pelvis issues.
Heart burn.
and yes, oh yes, contractions.
I am trying not to complain...I KNOW I am blessed. I know it.
I feel it. And when I feel this baby move I get depressed that this is it. The last time I'll feel that.
But at the same time...I'm done. With 10 weeks to go...I. Am. Done.

This is her thoughtful look - dont you just want to snuggle with her?

Saturday I am playing in a golf tournament.
Yep, you read that right.
I agreed to it in June.
June was like 9 months ago.
If nothing else this will be good for comic relief.
and a lot of sweating.
I am not sure if there is anything I could be dreading more.
I take that back...school starting...Im dreading that more.

Oh my little love....

And with all that randomness I will leave you as we
head to the pool for one of the last times of the season.


5 comments:

Beth said...

Sweet friend, remember that He makes everything beautiful in its time.
Dillon and I have date night Monday for Panera and school supplies. I know its late, but I keep thinking if I just don't do it, it won't come. Even as I registered him this week I kept thinking that I had so much more time. I know I'll be a mess next week. thinking of you!

D G Curren said...

I'll say it again.....ah, heaven, the only place where time and age don't exist. Until then, soak in every minute!

Courtney said...

i love posts like this. REAL life. first of all, she is SO CUTE!! i can barely take it!

i SO know what you mean - you are DONE...yet you are so blessed. i get it. praying for you.

um...golf?? wow. i hope you don't have any plans on sunday! :-)

and, totally with you on the school thing - i'm so sad as each day passes...

brenda said...

again, you cause my heart to ache for the days that went by way too quickly!! the good, the bad and the heartbreakingly cute!!!! treasure treasure treasure these days - what a beautiful family <3

Shannon/Jodi said...

I'm feeling your pregnancy pain!

You could always jump on the homeschooling bandwagon...

I can't imagine not having mine here full time. I'm in denial of Alex being a senior this year.

One day at a time...