Sunday, August 29, 2010

holding tight

This weekend our little town was reminded in a big way that life can be fragile & short.

That those you love can be taken from you in the blink of an eye.

That strength, vitality and youth do not necessarily equal health and longevity.

I am also reminded by my husband that God doesn't get shocked, He doesn't do mistakes and He knows nothing of accidents. He knew what was in store eons ago. And He has been prepared. Waiting for the fall with arms wide open to catch those left behind.

But I've still been holding on a little tighter to those I love.
Squeezing them harder and not getting upset at the pieces of pizza falling in laps and the glasses of juice flying to the floor. Holding on tighter by making memories with silly string fights in the yard and giggling right along with them.

3 comments:

Beth said...

not sure what the situation is, my friend, but I know that our God is great and that He carries it all in His hands. Much love and prayer...

brenda said...

becky ~ my heart is aching just knowing there has been a tragedy, and so very close to you ~ I am praying for you and the loss that has led you to express these beautiful and encouraging reminders ~ I will be holding those close to me a little closer too ~
your friend in Christ <3 brenda

Courtney said...

beautiful words and reminder...thanks...