Friday, December 03, 2010

Avery's turn!

Avery has sat through a lot of events for Lauren...always cheering her heart out for her big sis.
But last night she got her turn in the spotlight...her first school Christmas concert.

Avery doesn't love the stage and spotlight quite like Lauren.
She sang every song and performed every action on time...but starred at the floor and never smiled her beautiful smile for the crowd.
I asked her about it and she told me that the lights hurt her eyes and she was nervous.
Love her.

What Avery does love is getting dressed up!
And my oh my that girl does things to my heart when she smiles like this...

She also loves being with her friends.
As I took this picture of her and Brooklyn I was in tears...
thinking that someday, not that far off I'd be taking this same picture,
in this same spot...only it would be caps and gowns they would be wearing and they'd be
trying to escape from my photo session to run off with their friends.
(sorry Mandy!)

Then this little one thought it would be great fun to stay with the kindergarten class and perform with them. She wants to go to school SO bad.
I tried to remind her that this summer she promised she'd never go...she's apparently forgotten that promise.
It took some real coaxing for me to convince her to come back to the auditorium with me.

2 comments:

yoderyears said...

So NOT cool, Rebeca with 1 c! It was just a Kindergarten Christmas concert...don't bring High School graduation into this.

Beckysblog said...

It is completely possible that I have some lingering postpartum hormones in my system that are making me sappy beyond control and making me find EVERYTHING to be a historic moment!

Sorry!

Thanks for the reality check, Amanda with 3 a's!