Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas night

We celebrated Christmas with our kids last night.
There is no other night I look forward to more the entire year.

I love every second.

From the Christmas music to the smells of the food to the sounds of the kids laughter and excitement!

The kids love drinking out of 'fancy' cups.

Jordan read the Christmas story and then Lauren read a Christmas book.

I'm not sure I could feel more blessed...

Last night as we were listening to music before supper I brought up Chris Tomlin's Emmanuel.
This version had pictures to watch as it played.
When it came to this verse:
The son of God, here, born to bleed
A crown of thorns would pierce His brow
And we beheld this offering
Exalted now the King of kings
Praise God for the hallowed manger ground

Avery asked, 'Mommy, did they hurt Him bad when He was on the cross?'
Funny that we tell kids He died on the cross but they really dont know what that means.
The pictures on the screen were of Christ carrying His cross...brow bleeding, sweaty and dirt stained.
I told her that yes, they hurt Him very badly. They hurt Him so that we could go to heaven.
Avery said, 'Mommy, that makes water come to my eyes because I am so sad that He did that for me.'
Yes, Avery it is sad...heart breaking to hear of someone's love so pure and true.
But so beautiful and so awesome!

I'm so happy that the baby came to be born in a manager but then to die
on a cross and finally to rise again and sit on His throne!

Emmanuel, Emmanuel
God incarnate here to dwell
Emmanuel, Emmanuel
Praise His name Emmanuel
Praise His name Emmanuel

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: