Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas Day/Evening is spent with my family. 
This day is full of a lot of things for us...traditions, laughter, teasing, food...
Even great grandma's dishes with red napkins...

Joshua...never stopped talking. 
So cute and funny.
And he told us the best finger puppet Christmas play. 

Another thing this day is notorious for ... gag gifts. 
I cant even tell you what this frame held...its not exactly appropriate. 

 Its also full of lots of cuddle times for my kids with their uncles. 

This year we were missing 3 brothers, 3 sister in laws, 3 nieces and 1 nephew. 
Phone calls with them are just not the same as if they were present. 

And my dad. 
That gapping hole...still there...still impossible to fill. 
My favorite part of the night was when we went around and told our favorite Christmas memories...and just talked about Dad for awhile. What I wouldn't give for just one more Christmas with him bringing the devotions and him soaking in every moment of his kids. 
Just one more Christmas...But then again, I know what it would do...just leave me wishing for one more Christmas.

No comments: