Saturday, December 10, 2011

note to self

'keep your expectations LOW Becky'

Last night the kids 'gift' was going to Cedar Falls to go out for supper and then look at Christmas lights. 

I had been excited about it for 2 weeks but after a week of sickness, a less than stellar Friday and a raging headache I will admit that I was more hoping to just survive it with out 'my little vein popping'.

And just as always...when I expect little...we have our best times. 

Everyone was quiet and fun and appreciative during supper. 
We had a blast eating at one of their favorites, Texas Roadhouse and laughed a lot. 
I enjoyed the stares we got from everyone and watching people actually counting our kids with their fingers and then giving each other 'the look'. (seriously, we have 5 kids...not 13).

The kids ran out of 'light looking' steam before Jordan and I did but they held up well and even endured singing along to Christmas carols during part of it. 

So my new motto may be, 'expect little'.
:)

No comments: