Tuesday, September 16, 2008

And I'm in tears...

Our babysitter just called me at work.

She said, 'I'm sorry to bother you but I just had to tell you the sweetest story.' (I can tell she is crying as she's telling me).

Out of the blue at lunch today one of the kids says, "Can we pray today?"
Stacie says, 'Sure. Why don't you do it.' He says 'No, I want you to.'
Avery pipes up..."No, I'll pray for us."
(Yep, Im bawling).

She bows her head and folds her hands and waits for everyone else to do the same, then she starts. "Jesus, Thank you for my mommy and daddy at work today, please keep them safe. And Jesus, thank you for my family, Lauren, Sully and Tess. And Jesus Thank you for Stacie's. And for my friends. Amen."

Stacie said after that everyone wanted to pray. She told them they'd start taking turns every day.
Stacie said the little boy who started it all said, 'I dont know how to pray except for Now I lay me down to sleep. But I'll try, like Avery.'

The craziest part is that last night at our supper table we were praying and someone said something about praying at Stacie's house. We told Avery that she can pray there too. That converstation totally prepared her for her opportunity today.

She is four; He is already using her. I knew that little girl was special.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

that's so awesome!!!

Melanie said...

Awwwww, couldn't be sweeter...and more amazing!

Meghan said...

oh, that is really cool!! :)