Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Two Months and 1st grade Open House

Its hard to believe that Contessa turned 2 months old yesterday. Lauren desperatley wanted to feed her some birthday cake!
At two months Tess is becoming vocal! She has a little squeal/squeak that I adore. It seems to be her way of letting us know she is very happy or that we are very funny to her.

She loves nothing more than to stare at our faces, I swear she would never tire of it.
She eats approx. 3-4 ounces at every feeding - which is normally still ever 2-2.5 hours. All my kids ate this often for the first 3-4 months so Im not letting it bother me.

She goes to bed around 9:30. She normally sleeps 5 1/2 -7 1/2 hours at night. Im hoping in the next couple weeks she'll start sleeping through the night consistently. (All my other kids did so she has to, right!?)

She loves to be held and rocked but does not like her swing or bouncy seats much anymore. She would much rather be laid out flat on the floor.
She also is starting to love to stare at her toys - especially the ones that the older kids can rattle and squeak for her. Avery loves to pick up a baby toy and say, "Tess this one was my favorite when I was a baby...do you love it?"

The thing that scares me most is now that school is going in full force and I'm back at work - time is really going to fly...like it wasn't flying before.

I meant to put some pictures with this post but after Lauren's Open House tonight Im just wiped. She had a blast showing us her room. I think her favorite thing of all to show us was her math book! Who knew that could be so exciting? She's proud that she has a book to do her work in and bring the pages home. Very cute.
She was also really excited to show us the Art Room. She says her favorite thing about school is still PE. Today they practiced balancing. She also still wants to be a PE teacher when she grows up. She kind of likes Mr. Schupbach and the Polar Scholars as her teachers.
At Open House she presented us with a picture of her family. It was PERFECT. Except for one small detail. Well small in size but large in importance. She forgot to include Tess!!!! She was pretty embarassed! We'll give her a hard time about that for a long time I'm sure.

2 comments:

Andrea Dellit said...

if i haven't told you in a while, thanks for sharing the goings on at the Dirks house. I love staying up to speed with you guys even though we're so far away. We will be in town the weekend of 9/12-9/14...can we come by and meet the littlest Dirks?!

Beckysblog said...

Give us a call when you get into town!