Friday, September 26, 2008

I just about choked up my pb&j

So Jordan came home for lunch and said, So what's new in the blog world? (hilarious in itself)

I said, well Jody has 4 birthdays coming up in like 10 days and she was asking for gift suggestions...I told him I was trying to think of some good ones for girls since poor Kora has a houseful of them.

Jordan goes, Oh! (VERY excited), last night I saw this informercial for this device that makes your bra straps convert to whatever type of shirt you are wearing so that the straps dont show!

I cannot explain the look on his face or the excitement in his voice.

I busted out laughing and said, Jordan! Kora is 3!!!! Its not a worry for her right now!

He said, I was just excited to tell you for you, not her. That just made me think of it.

I really dont know where this came from. I wear t-shirts pretty much exclusively so bra straps showing really arent a problem for me. One thing I do know...he isnt allowed to watch tv at night alone anymore!!!

Oh, and I love him, a lot. And I miss him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't watching it last night, it was within the last two weeks. These "new inventions" on infomercials are all hilarious to me including the bar to install so you don't have to pain yourself getting out of the shower or tub. I don't remember the names of them, but pain these people have in getting out of the tub is quite histerical. Someday when I'm older I guess I'll see how easy it is to get out of the tub. I overheard my grandma say that we had a gentleman in town that couldn't get out of his tub for two days(it took that long before someone discovered it). That's the benefit of going to coffee every morning, eventually someone will come to find out if you are okay. Remember that when you are older! That brings to mind another infomercial - Life Alert. Help, I've fallen and can't get up...

I hope the gentleman in town is okay, sounded like the coffee guys went looking for him when he missed coffee for the second day.

JD

Anonymous said...

When I see Jordan I will likely think of a bra.... :)

jody said...

well, that is good to know.
i'll keep that one in mind for perhaps her 17th birthday.
so helpful, these husbands. so helpful.

trista said...

Funny! I saw the commercial recently too. I have no use for it either, but in his defense, it did look pretty cool....for a bra, that is.

Trina said...

I work in a nursing home. Discussing whether a person will be able to get in/out of their shower is a daily conversation for me...don't mock; that person on the infomercial that invented the grab bar is making a ton of money.

The inventor of Life Alert...man, I wish I had thought of that.