Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Meeting

We held a family meeting tonight and broke the news to the kids that Izzy would soon be going to live with Grandma Barb. I had a hard time telling them with out getting choked up and as a result both girls were sobbing.
We reminded them that they will still see Izzy several times per week and explained that Grandma Barb's house will be fun for her...she can play with Grandma's kitty, Ozzy. (Nice names I know.)
Avery asked me several questions about it tonight and said that maybe she'd go live with Grandma too. I told her that wasn't an option.
Next weekend Izzy will make her move. Lauren wants to have a going away party for her.
I feel pretty good about it all. I'm happy that we will all get to see Izzy whenever we want. We'll be praying for the kids to have an easier time with it than they had tonight.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

oh I'm so glad she'll be at your mom's. At least you all will get to still see her!