Monday, September 08, 2008

Steadfast

God never forgets His promises. In turn, He intends for His children never to forget His faithfullness to fulfill them. (Praying God's Word - Beth Moore)

There are moments in my role as mother that I am not proud of. Times when my patience is short and my tongue and temper are quick. Times when I am at my limit and I think there is no way I can do this for one more day, or even hour. Times when my kids must look at me and think, You arent the mommy I want!

But I have such a wonderful promise...
1 Peter 5:10
"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

What I want most is for my children to see me as steadfast - unchanging. When times are crazy I want to be the same mom I am when times are fun and easy. (Or easier at least.)
And God has promised me that he can do that. He will try me and bring me forth stronger. As I cling to that I pray that my children will forgive my short temper and my tired face. I pray that they will remember my laughter and my smile as I watch them bring me joy.

I am so blessed by my Savior who has given me so many promises and is so faithful to fulfill them.