Thursday, September 04, 2008

Shocking

Avery and I took Tess for her 2 month well baby appointment today. On the drive over I was talking to Cassie on the phone and she commented that Tess looked big in the pictures. I agreed and said I bet she weighed 12 lbs or more...getting close to what Sully weighed at this point. I told Cassie that Avery was excited to see Tess get her shots. And Avery had told Tess that she could squeeze her hand so it didnt hurt as much (cute!). Cassie said she bet that Avery would actually be pretty upset by it, I said no way, not Avery.

Well I was in for 2 shocks a the appointment.
1. Tess weighs only 10 lbs 3 ou.!!!! I asked the nurse if the scale could be wrong and she said no. And since its the same scale she's been weighed on since we left the hospital, I guess its right...weird!
2. Avery balwed uncontrollably during the shots. Avery, not Tess. Tess screamed for a bit, but Avery bawled. I had to have the nurse pick Tess up because I had to hold Avery. She kept saying, "I didnt want my sister to cry, I didn't want them to give her shots." It may have been one of the sweetest displays of sisterly love I've ever witnessed.

Anyway, Tess is in the 25th% for everything - which is also weird for height because she seemes insanely long and every comments that she seems very tall. But their technique for measuring height is not what I'd call real accurate! Jordan was excited to hear that her head size is also 25th% - all the other kids heads are off the charts...he blames my side of the family for that!

Here are the stats on the other kids at 2 months of age. I love to compare:
Lauren 11 lbs. 3 ou.
Avery 10 lbs 13 ou.
Sullivan 12 lbs 13 ou.
Tess 10 lbs 3 ou. I cant believe she's the smallest.

No comments: