Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Miss Responsible

Tonight Lauren said, "Mommy, from now on when I'm home and not at school I want to clean things."
Mom, "What? You mean like clean the house?"
Lauren, "Yes, I want to help you clean?"
Mom, "Why Lauren? Did someone say something about helping out at home while you were at school today?"
Lauren, "We talked about being responsible and I want to have responsibility."
Mom, "Ok..." dumbfounded.

What child says she wants to have resposibility? Normally by the time they understand that word isn't it no longer fun to help out? I think I better make the most out of this while I can. Still a little in shock by this conversation.

2 comments:

Happilyoutnumbered said...

Our older two are a lot alike. Isn't that weird? Maybe it's an oldest child thing....although I was oldest and never remember anything like that! Last night Evan wanted to take the garbage out and clear the table, all by himself...to be helpful! I love how kids just amaze their parents sometimes!

Melanie said...

Send her over to our house! I need someoen who wants responsiblity to live here;).