Sunday, August 03, 2008

Its in my voice...

So, my precious baby has her first illness. I spose it was inevitable with all the snotty noses and coughs we have around our house. Yesterday she slept practically the entire day and then in the evening got very snotty lathargic and didn't eat well.
About 10 we took her temp and it was close to 100. I called Ask A Nurse because I didnt have a clue how much Tylenol an infant could have.

Well turns out you arent supposed to give them Tylenol till they're 3 months. Hmmm.

So Tess and I slept on the couch together so I could keep her as upright as possible so she could breathe. She slept pretty well but still sounds very congested this morning. POOR BABY!

Anyway, when I was talking to the nurse on the phone one of the first things she said was, "So I take it this is not your first baby?"
I laughed and said, "No, its my fourth, why?"
She laughed too and said, "Its in your voice dear."

That made me feel a little better, at least I didnt SOUND like I was really worried. (Because I really was, I think my heart rate was elevated most of the night!)

No comments: