Thursday, August 28, 2008

Not quite what I was expecting...

I took Sullivan to the Allergist this morning. His excema has really flared up and for the first time he is complaining about it. He is always itching his hand and neck and calls some of the spots on his legs 'owies'. So the dermatologist recommended we move onto the Allergist.
They tested him for like 15 different possible allergies. The good news...he's only allergic to one thing.

The bad news...its CATS. YES CATS!!!

We just went through the trauma of losing our cat, then finding her. Now we have to get rid of her?

I said to the dr., "Are you really telling me to get rid of my cat?"

He said that Sullivan is about as allergic to cats as a person can get. He said that it might not help his excema or it might totally clear it up, or anywhere in between. He said if Sully were his son, he'd get rid of the cat.

Uh yeah, bawling in the parking lot.

Not what I was expecting.

I keep telling myself that it could have been a wheat or milk allergy that would have really been a lot of work to deal with and would have been hard on Sully. I keep saying that this is actually good and we might be able to get the kid some relief.

But seriously. Seriously! WE JUST GOT HER BACK!

Anyone want a REALLY REALLY great cat? She's wonderful with children, loves to cuddle and also loves her litter box.

No comments: