Friday, August 08, 2008

Izzy

We were sitting around watching the Olympics tonight when the phone rang. Someone thought they had found our cat. (We posted a notice about her on our cable access channel).

He described the cat to me and it sounded just like Izzy. We all ran to the van and drove across town.
I stepped on their porch and a cat came right out to me...it looked JUST like Izzy. But weighed about 20 pounds less and had a little more white on her face than Izzy.

I could have cried.

The kids couldn't stop asking, Well where is our cat? When is she coming home? Can we go look for her more?

When we walked into the house Lauren started crying, hard. I think seeing this other cat that looked so much like Izzy made her realize that our cat was really gone.

A member of our family for the past 10 years is missing and its not going to be easy to explain this to the kids.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

i saw the title and my heart skipped for you. i thought you had found her.
i'm sorry.
that's awful.

Melanie said...

i would've balled my eyes out! so sorry. I hope she is out there somewhere sewing her wild oats. I pray she comes home soon!