Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Preschool

Today was the day. Avery's first day of preschool. She was so excited she couldnt stand it. She's been asking me since the moment her eyes opened if it was time to go.
Then when the time got close she got pretty quiet. Finally she spilled her guts as to why..."Mommy, I think I'm scared." My heart about broke. I knelt down beside her and said 'Baby there is nothing to be afraid of, tell me about.'
With tears in her eyes and in true Avery fashion she said, 'Well I just dont want to have any homework!'

After I assured her that there would be no homework she was ready to go again. This kid cracks me up like none other.

I had a harder time letting her go than that. I had to hold back the wall of tears as I took her picture and helped her put her backpack on. I had to smile through the tears as I kissed her good bye and told her to have fun. That was a tough one. This isnt getting any easier the more times I do it.


Oh My Heart.




Daddy showed up just in time for a good bye kiss from his girl.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how can one little girl capture our hearts so quickly...she will bring incredible joy, fun and frustration her entire life...enjoy every moment, the Lord will want her.
MOM and MAMA

Anonymous said...

Woah! She looks so grown-up with that backpack on. Tell her I'm proud of her for being such a big girl now! (How's Sully going to survive his days without any big sisters to play with?)

-Rosanna

Beckysblog said...

Lucky for Sully its only 2 days per week and only for 2.5 hours!

Melanie said...

Yeah Avery! Preschool won't know what hit 'em!

Meghan said...

Brian and I are sitting here laughing as we read the homwork comment.

Happilyoutnumbered said...

I know what you mean about not getting any easier. I had a much harder time with Isaac going to preschool than Evan. Our two older ones do sound a lot alike! Hope she had fun!