Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just call me June

I have a thing...it doesnt happen every day...but most. 15 minutes before Jordan is supposed to be home I become a mad woman. I want all the toys picked up. The kitchen counters have to be cleaned. All pillows arranged on the couch. I usually run the vacuum. No toys in sight.

I am pretty sure that when this beast emerges my kids are afraid of me. I start barking out orders, they normally follow with out a peep...a sure sign of terror.

I dont know what it is and I have no idea where it came from but it becomes VERY important that the house be neat and picked up when he walks in the door. It only stays like that until he's been home 5 minutes and then everything comes back out.

But its like I want him to think I'm June Cleaver for at least 5 minutes. I want him to come home to a picked up (notice I didnt say clean) house with quiet kids and a smiling wife. (notice I also didnt mention that supper was necessarily waiting). Just for 5 minutes I like it to be in order. I didn't even realize I was doing it until probably a year ago.

I cant decide if its sweet or sick.

And you know what, I dont think he even notices! But I do. ;)

Anybody else experience this?

5 comments:

Cassie said...

ME!
only i have such a mess around here that i start about a half hour prior to his arrival!
:)
it's sweet.

Cassie said...

AND a little crazy...

Trina said...

I do this too. I think its because I still feel a little guilty that I wasn't at work. I get a little stir-crazy if I don't "accomplish" (translate: Clean) something by the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

you are all products of your mothers, who were of theirs and so forth...just do it and consider yourselves women...I bet Sarah did the same for Abraham

mom

Courtney said...

i'm with you...and cassie. i start about 30 minutes before. your mom's comment was funny, and probably SO true! thanks for making the rest of us feel normal!