Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Still pregnant????

I realized today that in many ways I still feel pregnant. Here's what I mean:

1. When I am pregnant I become very lazy. I care WAY less about my apperance than I do when I am not pregnant. I often get out of the house and then look down at myself and think, 'What was I thinking?' But I dont care enough to go change. I am still doing this.

2. I am also very lazy with housework when I'm pregnant. Normally, in my non-pregnant mode, I am always caught up on laundry and the toys are always organized at the end of every day. Those two things are my 'things'. I hate having them out of order or over flowing. But currently, its like I'm 8 months pregnant. Toys spread through out the house do not bother me and I can pretty much guarantee there are no less than 5 loads of laundry waiting to be done in the basement right now.

3. Just tired. I normally am a night owl. After the kids go to bed I get a burst of energy and I get a ton done and then I'm ready to sit down for some time with Jordan. But right now, all I want to do is go to bed at 9 pm. And I dont wake up refreshed.

4. Fat. Yes, I am still carrying around 10-15 pounds of baby weight. (you can say what you want but the truth is that the scale doesnt lie. and neither do my pants that do not fit.) I HATE IT. But I dont seem to have the will power to do anything about it. I have no energy. I have never had this problem before. In the 3 previous pregnancies it went away all on its own.

This brings me to my big fear. Maybe I'm not feeling pregnant. Maybe what I'm feeling is like a person in their 30's. A person whose metabolism is slowing down. Maybe I should have stopped having kids in my 20's so I could get myself all straightened out by the time 30 hit. Seriously, if this is how 30 feels, what is 50 like? I don't think I want to find out.

6 comments:

Trina said...

It's like you are inside my head. These are all my fears too!

Courtney said...

ditto.
i asked pat the other day, "when will i ever NOT feel tired?"
he said, "i think when we die."
gee, thanks!

Melanie said...

All that started for me when I turned 20.

Beckysblog said...

Melanie you currently weigh 110 pounds and your house is never dirty.

Andrea Dellit said...

oh my gosh..i am like that now and have never been pregnant....i'm doomed!

Shannon/Jodi said...

I trump all of you. I have 8 children and I'm 38. Does that mean I win or lose?

Does anyone have a tissue?