Friday, September 11, 2009

Big Weekend Fun

We've got big plans for the weekend around here. 

I will  be heading out about 5 tonight for a Ladies Retreat with Melanie. We're traveling to CL and I'll get to stay in her Cabbage for the first time! 

I made these yummy treats for us to take...thanks for the recipe Courtney. (Sully helped me make these - the boy LOVES to cook!!!)



Jordan has big plans of his own...
The big ISU v Iowa game is Saturday. He had to turn down tickets to the game...he's on dad duty. And he is planning a party for the kids to get them into the game. 
Last night we made a batch of sugar cookies for him to roll out with the kids help on Saturday and we whipped up appropriate colored frosting...although the cardinal color is more of a salmon! 
He's also got streamers and cups and who knows what else up his sleeves. I'm sure they'll have a blast doing all sorts of stuff I normally say no to! 
(Yes he came up with this plan on his own...And yes, he is the best daddy...My kids are SO lucky! and me too!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh ugh ugh!!!!!!!!

mom

Ellie said...

Have FUN!!

Ellie said...

I forgot to say GO STATE!!!

Garrick said...

Becky - Congrats on the win today. I'm not going to call Jordan and rub it in...... I just want you to smile at him really .... REALLY big and when he says "what is that for" just say, "Garrick says good game." GO HAWKS! Can't wait to play cards again sometime soon.... that is when we find a house. yuk.

Beckysblog said...

Garrick, I did it...just for you...and his response was..."The hawks are amazing, and they are going to roll right through the Big 11, Go Hawks."

He is bitter.

GO HAWKS!!!!

And, we have a really great basement you guys are more than welcome to move into.

Melanie said...

the game outcme was icky but the treats were very yummy. and that's all i got to say.

Anonymous said...

Love ya Garrick...Mel, anything for treats, is that your final answer?!!
Come on Beck, even Joshua had on Hawk black and gold at his shower in Cyclone land...how I love that babe!!!
Believe you are in your heart a Hawkeye, all those years of training and nuturing cannot have been in vain.

mom