Thursday, September 24, 2009

no words

This week marks the end of what has to have been one of the longest, emotionally draining I've had in a very long time. 
Of course it started with my grandma passing and the funeral. 
Then today I had a huge event at work. huge. 
A luncheon and style show, at a new venue which required us bringing in tables, chairs, staging, dishes, uh yeah, that list could go on and on. 
I've never been so worked up about an event. Just nervous about every aspect of it. 

That is not like me. 

I plan events all the time. But this one just caught up to me because of everything else going on. 

BUT, 

its over and it went well. And the style show was BEAUTIFUL, and everyone had fun and got wonderful, wonderful door prizes and raffle prizes. And I am hopeful that we will have supassed our rather lofty goal. 

But, I am wiped. Completely wiped out. 

I wore high heels. And I had to move furniture, wash dishes, mingle, ect. Smart. or not. 

The bottoms of my feet are actually bruised. 

dumb. 

And this picture has nothing to do with the post except that this little boy was BEYOND excited to get his first Awana vest this week. So proud. Love him. 


And I guess my title didn't really match up to my post. I had lots of words. But not many that made sense. 
and Im tired. 
tired.
And so glad this week is over!!!!!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

praying you guys have a LOW KEY weekend!!! you NEED it!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't help but thinking how very proud your grandmother would have been of you today...her type of thing...
You showed great class and skill...oh by the way, the clean up after was totally because of My training!!!

Love completely
Mom

Shannon/Jodi said...

Hope you have a relaxing weekend.