Friday, October 16, 2009

15 Years

Do you know what you were doing 15 years ago tonight?

I know where I was.

I was on my like 3rd date with Jordan. We were taking Melanie and Jason out on a double date for their FIRST date ever.

That night we went to Parkersburg for supper and then to the GC/AP football game.

I remember we took Jason's red Ford Probe. And it was a stick. I was trying to impress Jordan so I asked Jason if I could drive. So that put Melanie and Jason in the back and Jordan never stops making fun of them that they was some, uh, 'cuddling' going on back there...!

I remember that night like it was yesterday and like it was a lifetime ago. How is that possible?

I'm sure that if 15 years ago someone would have said to the 4 of us..."Just wait, before you know it you'll all be married and you'll have children and you'll all still be great friends" we likely would have laughed until we cried or perhaps a couple of us might have quickly exited the restaurant due to fear!

But 15 years did pass and we did all get married and have kids.

Tonight Jason surprised Melanie by setting up a secret reinactment of this anniversary. She was totally surprised and it was totally fun.

But things were a little different tonight than they were 15 years ago. I still drove - but this time I was driving Jason's silver Dodge Caravan instead of his red Ford Probe. We had to get babysitters to stay back with the kids.

But we enjoyed each other even more than we used to. That's what a friendship this long does...just gets better.

And I think we still look pretty good! For 30-somethings anyway.
(and really...do I look pregnant or what? urgh.)

10 comments:

Cassie said...

oh my gosh.
i am super emotional or something. because that ALMOST made me cry! for real!
that could NOT have been 15 years ago.
NO WAY!
so how long ago was it that i was leading jordan on?
i'm scared of that answer....

Beckysblog said...

TWENTY FOUR YEARS AGO CASSIE!!!!!!!!!! I think he said you did your flirting with him when he was 8.

And I know. I was crying as I did the post. I am way emotional about this season, 10 year anniversary, 15 year anniversary, our age, our kids age, everything to do with time slipping away!

Cassie said...

well now that is just simply crazy.
because i am not even 24 years old!
impossible!

trista said...

How sweet! I hope they refrained from "cuddling" in the back of the mini-van! :)

Meghan said...

That is really cute! What a fun evening!

Jamie J said...

What a fun night! And no you don't look pregnant!!

Rosanna said...

It's true, Becky. You don't look pregnant, but it sounds like a good idea to me... maybe you could have twins this time???

Ellie said...

A)This is just the sweetest thing! Congrats to both couples!
B) You look like a very gorgeous non-pregnant lady.
C) Can I borrow that sweater sometime?

Beckysblog said...

Zanna! Quite jinxing me!

Anonymous said...

If HAND HOLDING is cuddling, then we are guilty! But that is as far as it got. I can't help it if JOrdan's memory is not working.

Yep, we are old, but I think we look FABULOUS for some old people. (until you get up close and see all the wrinkles):)