Saturday, October 24, 2009

Work Day

Today was work day at my mom's house. I guess one of the benefits of having 7 kids...6 of them boys...has its advantages later in life. Like when they come home to help!
We winterized windows, cleaned china, raked leaves, mowed, dusted, ripped out bushes...the list goes on and on.

Here's Nick in my dad's old tool belt.
I'll admit that just the site of that tool belt can bring tears to my eyes. My dad loved a good project. It seems to fit Nick better than anyone else...meaning he is SO much like my dad its scary. We had a lot of fun today and laughed a lot, but I cant help but think about how much better today would have been if my dad had been around. Oh I miss him.

Even the kids helped out.



Sullivan was in boy heaven all day. Helping the 'guys' out and dealing with power tools. What more could a little boy ask for?

Following Uncle Joe to watch Uncle Nick with a chain saw!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sully told me today that "that day" was sooo fun...uhha...what a boy!!!

mom