Wednesday, October 07, 2009

All Sufficient

In one of my bible studies we have been discussing some of God's attributes.


One that has stuck out to me the past two weeks is that God is 'All Sufficient'.

2 Cor. 12:9 But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

How awesome is that? We can boast in our weakness because Christ's power is so great!

While pondering that these past two weeks this also struck me. That while my God is All sufficient and there is nothing else I should need because in Him, I have all that I need...there is more.

That because my Savior was also fully man...John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us..."


He understands my humaness. He understands my sufferings.

Because he has been in my place, He has also given me what I want. He gave me a helpmate.
Genesis 2:18 "
The LORD God said, It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

A friend and a partner.

He gave ME, Jordan.

We aren't perfect, but we are perfect for each other.

And I just love knowing that somewhere in time, God picked us out for each other.

To grow together, to fight together, to love, to raise children, to laugh, to cry and to hold each other up.

There is no other who could have filled my needs the way he does. No other who can make me laugh, relax, enjoy the way he does.

No one else who could have been perfectly chosen for me by my All Sufficient Savior.

Because even though I have everything I need in my Savior, He gave me Jordan because He loves me so much and because He knows me so well.

I'm so thankful for my perfect match today.

No comments: