Friday, October 23, 2009

A New Day!

Its a new day, its Friday and everyone seems to be feeling a lot better.
Better moods, no fevers since yesterday morning and Sullivan's cough is MUCH better.

So we started the day with a fall craft.
sponges, paint

Mommy's artistic tree

Three anxious kids! No school today here!

Sullivan loves craft time almost as much as cooking time. And as you can see...he's better. And I'm SO glad. Because he was so awful yesterday I was seriously considering military school.

They loved this. LOVED it.

We made Fall Trees.

Tess wanted to play too. So she got sponges and water...no paint, Im not crazy.
And this is 1. reason why she didn't get any paint.

She still had fun!

Finished product.

Tess has been a little more clingy than normal today. I was working on making scotcheroos and I HAD to have some help. Lauren came and got her and 5 minutes later I went looking.
Lauren had put on Tess's favorite video...a montage of pictures set to music by Uncle Garrick on Lauren's 2nd birthday day. We put this on and Contessa is glued to the tv. It is precious.

And really and truly...Lauren is the BEST!

We're getting ready for 3 of my brothers and their families to arrive tonight! Cant wait!

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Do you plan these crafts out ahead of time? Seriously...you are like the Queen of Crafty Mom's! Very cute idea. Wish I could think of things like this!!

Beckysblog said...

They all come from craft websites, blogs and magazines at the library!

And yes, I plan them out ahead of time for the most part...to be sure I have the supplies.

If we dont do 'stuff', they fight! When we do things like this the day is SO much better!

Beckysblog said...

And Im so NOT crafty!

But thanks!

Ellie said...

Well, I just love this fall tree idea and I am totally stealing it!!

Courtney said...

fun idea!! it's so much better when the oldest is around, isn't it??