Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday, Sullivan Joseph!

Sullivan is Four!!!

How is that possible?

Overnight Sully suddenly seems older. I've heard other mom's say this, that boys suddenly seem different at 4. Im not sure I like it. But he has been 'easier' lately so I know that is a good thing.

I recently commented to Jordan I cannot imagine our family without Sullivan.
He has that type of personality that when it is not present...its like a gaping hole.
And I love that about him more than anything else.

Here are some of things about him that I never want to forget.
I love how he says, Do you love it? instead of do you like it?
Or when he says, what you said instead of what did you say?
He talks...a lot. Constantly. Every minute. ALL. DAY. LONG.

I love that he displays his love for his family with no reserve. A hug and kiss from Sully is likely to strangle and be sloppy. An 'I love you' is going to be yelled. He tells us he loves us a lot. It seems that everyone in our house is told that they are loved by Sully at least a couple of different times a day. Its not abnormal for him to just yell out from across the room, I love you Avery! Or whoever is on his mind. Sully believes, "when you love someone, you say it!" And we LOVE that.
He still sucks his thumb when he has his blankie. And he cannot sleep without his blankie.
He is my best sleeper. Always has been. He takes a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and it would be longer if I let him. He goes to bed at 7:30 or 8 and sleeps till 8 or 9 am.

He loves to wrestle. With anyone. Tess is one of his favorites because she giggles the entire time. He still understands that he has to be gentle with her, its AMAZING. He also likes to wrestle Avery because he does not have to be gentle with her apparently! And they are evenly matched!
When Jordan walks in the door at night he is usually met by Sullivan either dressed like a superhero, star wars character with light sabers or football player and ready for action. There is NOTHING this boy likes better than to play rough with his dad. And there is nothing I enjoy more than watching them together! They wrestle, fight, tackle, shoot hoops, shoot nerf guns, watch 'scary' stuff on tv, and ponder the great questions of life, like who is stronger? Superman? or Green Lantern?
He talks about Jesus a lot. Asking lots of questions and telling me that Jesus is stronger than Superman and EVEN DADDY!

He loves his legos.
He loves to work on letters and numbers and writing.
He is an amazing colorer and cutter!
He loves to count and organize things by color. He loves to write his name
and have me write other names so he can copy them. He is great at puzzles.

He LOVES nothing more than to help me bake. Oh how I love that.
He loves to play board games. LOVES it.

He is silly and funny. He has a great sense of humor and loves to make us laugh.
He is a tease and a copycat.

He has a GREAT laugh. Its contagious.
He loves knowing that every day is a 'mommy day!'

He sits at the kitchen table and swings his feet madly all during breakfast...
just happy for the start of a new day.
He sticks his tongue out when he is concentrating hard.

He loves to play the Wii.

He is LOUD. He doesnt understand the concept of 'inside voices'.

He is an awesome eater and will eat anything. Just like Lauren.
He always wants to have dessert after a meal I blame grandma Barb for that!

Sullivan, I dont know if there is much more I can say to you than that your dad and I are so blessed to call you our son. You fill our days with exasperation and my head with gray hairs. But you fill our hearts with a joy that only you, our boy, could do. You've taught us a lot in your four little years and I am better for it. Sully your sweet heart and zest for life can do great things for Christ and I pray that you will let Him work in your life as you grow.
We love you unconditionally and unmeasurably.
You are our Sully and knowing you, watching you, loving you is one of our greatest joys.
Love, mommy and daddy.

5 comments:

mama barb said...

How I love when you come up my back steps for lunch after church and hand me you coloring paper from Sunday school, briefly tell me the story, give me a giant hug and then run over to counter to see what's for dessert..Papa Richard could hardly wait to go to Wloo to hold you...Sullivan, what a wonderful name!!!
You have my heart forever
mama barb

yoderyears said...

Happy 4th Birthday, Sully!

Ellie said...

Yay Sully!! Happy 4th birthday :)

Choose Joy said...

I love little boys! Happy birthday big guy!

Anonymous said...

Sully - I hope you and Jalen have many years of getting into all kinds of trouble together!! Happy Birthday!!