Saturday, June 26, 2010

duh

Lauren and Avery spent the night at Grandma Cindy's for fun last night. Jordan left early early this morning for a golf tournament.

It was just me and the little two for the morning.

We had a few hours before the big girls came home and the Sully and Tess were playing great so I decided to catch up on some house work and laundry that had been neglected due largely to the swimming pool this week!

I finished my 'chores' and looked at the clock...really, only an hour had passed? And I got it all done? How?

Oh yeah, because I only had 2 kids home...not 4. Even if they were the 'difficult' 2. Sometimes I either forget or dont realize how long simple things can take when all the kids are home and how much easier it is when they are 'farmed out'. I guess whenever you have fewer than you are used to it seems like a break, doesn't it?!

So then I started thinking about how when school starts and Sully goes to preschool I will get SO much done.

Then it hit me....

duh...

about that time you will be having a baby.

So I guess I'm back to getting nothing done!

Seriously, I forgot that soon there will be another child in the house.

But then I got really excited about meeting this baby so we are good.

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I could see how you could forget about that with all you have going on! We're all so excited to meet this little one. I'm sure it'll be just as amazing as the first child, and THAT is one of the most precious things on earth!

Shannon/Jodi said...

So true!