Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The SUN!!

You know how sometimes as parents we know what our kids need even before they do? We see the breakdown coming...and we know the reason...and they have no idea?

Christ is like that. I think He knew if we couldn't get outside at least one day this week...I was going to have a breakdown.

So today...Today he sent SUNSHINE. Lots of beautiful, warm sunshine. And no humidity.

Amazing day.

So after a day out in it the kids are resting and I got online and found these verses....
Ephesians 3:16-20
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. To him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at within us.

I'm not sure if I can even begin to break down all the awesome promises in that passage; He strengthens me, His love is wide and long and high and deep! and it surpasses my knowledge - I have no doubt of that! and He is able to far more than I can ask or imagine.

I think that is my new favorite passage. I love being reminded that I can never understand His love for me. And that bringing a little sunshine for me...is just one way He's shown that to me today!

1 comment:

yoderyears said...

I love that passage! It has been underlined and highlighted and prayed over many times for my kids, husband and myself. Its amazing to think about, huh??? And, yes...what a great day!!!