Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Birthday Eve

I seem to have started a ritual with myself...looking through old pictures and crying on the night before one of my kids' birthdays.

Miss Contessa turns two tomorrow.

It's evident that we were ALL smitten with her from the very start.

Truly, I dont think there has ever been a newborn to get so much attention.

It seemed she had an unlimited number of siblings fighting over who would get to hold her next.

It went on for weeks. no months. You know, now that I think about it...its actually still going on.

oh my.



She quickly went from my little peanut to a 6 month old...

And then from there overnight she became and 18 month old.

Tonight at bedtime I asked her to promise me that she wouldn't turn 3.
She promised. And she said she would never break a promise to her mommy.

I swear she did.

1 comment:

yoderyears said...

Happy Birthday, Tess! What a loved little girl you are!