Monday, June 28, 2010

Introducing...baby #5

Jordan and I got to 'see' little baby #5 today.

We did not find out if we will be adding a brother or a sister to the mix.

Jordan thinks he knows and I think I know...but we both have different opinions based on the ultrasound...so basically that just means that neither of us have a clue what we are talking about!

What we do know is that the dimpled chin is evident.
And we both think he/she looks like Contessa.
Seriously precious.

Our dr. takes a VERY long time to do ultrasounds.
He literally spent 30 minutes studying the brain and and another 30 on the heart. He points out this and that and says, a baby with 'X' would have 'X' here, but your baby looks normal.
I just listen for the words, 'your baby looks normal' to be spoken over and over.
Those are some pretty beautiful words!

I'll admit that after laying on the table for over 1.5 hours I almost gave in and just said, 'Just tell me what we are having!!' But I held out.
And we'll all have to wait until November.

Honestly I don't have a strong preference for which it is.
On #5 I just laid there thinking "Wow, God gave us another perfect baby. We are so blessed."
And even if it was time #5 to see a tiny face pop up on that screen...it was just like the first time. And perhaps even more miraculous that it was happening again.

I guess viewing your own personal miracle never gets old!

8 comments:

Lisa Borglum said...

I think you have your 2nd little boy on your hands..

mama barb said...

This just brings such joy and delight to my heart and tears to my eyes..that face is amazing...so wish we could have had this when having children..
mama barb

Tisha said...

That's one beautiful baby!

D G Curren said...

It's a boy........my personal opinion!

Ellie said...

Oh my goodness, my first thought was 'it looks like Tess!' And Ellie is holding firm on her girl prediction :)

yoderyears said...

Wow! What a great picture of his/her face...what a miracle!

Unknown said...

How amazing! I love those 3D pictures! I'm so happy for you two! That chin is just adorable! They didn't have the 3D ultrasounds here in Harlan. I remember that I was strong in resisting to find out what we were having the first ultrasound. but by the second or third ultrasound, I wasn't so strong. :-) Good luck!

Choose Joy said...

Those are beautiful pictures Becky! Congratulations again to you and your family.