Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a new dimension

we have entered into a new dimension of parenting.

last night avery was invited to her first sleepover at a friend's house and sully stayed at grandma barb's.

since two of the kids were gone and we felt lonely (ha) we let lauren have a friend over for the night.

at 9:30 they wanted to watch part of a movie before bed so essentially jordan and i were kicked out of the living room.

so now our kids are old enough to sleep at other people's houses for fun and to say 'uh, mom and dad, can we have the living room?'

i dont like it.

and when they were born i dont ever remember saying they could grow up.

kind of feel like throwing a temper tantrum over it.

or at least crying for a bit.

ick. :(

5 comments:

brenda said...

<3 no kidding ~ I do feel your pain :b maybe you can remember to tell this new baby the rules you forgot to mention to the first ones! Of course, so far it hasn't kept my baby from growing up, but it's certainly worth a try ;D

Meghan said...

That is how I feel when I dont have to have Kaden RIGHT next to me at the pool this summer. Not fair.

Amy said...

How did Avery do? We haven't done a sleepover yet. I've been thinking that we should try it this summer for the first time for Sophie.

Beckysblog said...

She did great. She said she missed me but didn't want to come home.
honestly, I think she only said she missed me for my benefit!

Tisha said...

I'm with you. Ick.