Friday, June 18, 2010

Impromtu bday party

On Sunday I realized that Avery was expecting/hoping for a 'friend' birthday party.

(Traditionally, we have big family parties until the kids are in school and then we let them have a friend party...we caved this year apparently.)

So Monday, I invited the guests, bought some decorations and favors and we were set.

The party was this afternoon.
And she couldn't have been more excited.

The plan was for outdoor games followed by cupcakes.
They all arrived...Jordan rode up the driveway on his bike...and the tornado sirens went off.

I am not even kidding.
I ran upstairs, grabbed a sleeping Tess from her crib and met all the kids in the basement.
We stayed for about 15 minutes till we got the all clear from Jordan.
(Sully is holding his map. He told me before everyone arrived that he needed to draw a map so that we didn't lose anyone. ? But funny in hindsight since we ended up in the basement and I really was worried about losing someone!)

The birthday girl didn't mind the storm.
She just wanted her friends to be at her house! :)

She is my absolute favorite almost 6 year old in the world right now!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Surely those kids are mentally scarred now. I think I had a nightmare after going in that basement :)