Wednesday, June 02, 2010

For dad

Last night, after the kids were in bed, Jordan said we had to play cribbage...in honor of my dad.
My dad LOVED games.
And more than that, he loved beating us at games.

I remember him giving me lessons in cribbage and I vividly remember the night Jordan and I had to call back to my parents to tell them that one of us had an ALMOST perfect 29 hand! I remember his laugh over the phone that night and the excitement in his voice.
I love that I cant look at a cribbage board or a deck of cards even without thinking of him and smiling.

Good memories.
Bittersweet memories.

Memories that cut kind of deep and hurt pretty bad.

But memories that remind me over and over and over, that Jordan is so very right...

We have been so blessed.

My dad is gone...

but wow, he was the best.

'Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.' ~Author Unknown

No comments: