Sunday, July 24, 2011

sorting

one of the hardest things for me to keep on top of with 5 kids is their clothes...and I dont even mean cleaning them.

it seems that I always need to clean out their drawers and closets because they are always out growing things.

with the start of school drawing near I kind of had a little freak out today and gutted the girls bedroom. I came out with two garbage bags of garbage. scraps of paper, wrappers, sunday school flyers, notes, broken toys, pen caps, feathers, rocks, one entire bag of unwrapped and partially eaten candy, old makeup, junky parade paraphernalia. The list of garbage could go on and on. And this did not include any of the 'treasures' that they kept that didn't really fall into the 'garbage pile' but definetly did not belong in the 'keep pile'.

I was exhausted before I even got to their clothes.

when I finished with their clothes I was sad to discover that Lauren will have to have an almost all new fall wardrobe. I should feel grateful that last year she was able to wear many things from the previous year but this year we are not so lucky.

after their room I moved onto Sully and Tess's. I discovered Sullivan is in the same boat as Lauren. ugh.

It does feel good to have that job complete and it felt really good to go down to the basement and open tubs to find literally piles of clothes for Avery, Tess and Torrance...but honestly, its my least favorite job. I should do a little each month...instead of waiting till fall and spring. Maybe this year I'll do that...of course I have said that every single year....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you are going through. I thought my girls were the only ones whose room was like that. Were they there when you did this? I sometimes do it when they aren't around but sometimes I make them help me. You can do it

Sarah Guild said...

I only have two and I loathe everything about that job, too.

Courtney said...

totally with you on this one...it's right up there with potty training in my book!

Unknown said...

Wow, it was a chore just changing out Josh's clothes when he outgrew them. I couldn't imagine 5 kids! At least you don't have to balance it with a full time job. Praise the Lord!