Monday, July 04, 2011

Sunday the 3rd

Sometime during the party on Saturday Jordan said to me...Lets go to Decorah after church tomorrow and kayak. I almost hyperventilated...
But I'm glad I didn't and Im glad we stayed up late that night getting prepared so we could go.
It was a blast.

Jordan and the older 3 kayak'd the Upper Iowa River without incident - yeah!
The little two and I wandered uptown Decorah and went to Phelps Park.
We met back up after the kayaking for exploring and Mabes Pizza.
We pulled back into our driveway at 10 pm - exhausted, dirty and happy.

I hate having to split up on these adventures but its how it goes with big kids and little kids. And the little two and I really had fun. And I just remind myself that soon they'll be the ones in the kayaks and I'll be the one bawling somewhere.

She is really starting to figure out that the world is full of lots of fun!

Something about this picture I just love.

I really wanted a good picture of the two of them.

They were too busy and it just wasn't going to happen.

Tess just wanted to dance on the gazebo.



And Tori just wanted to eat leaves and dirt off the gazebo floor.
Seriously can you get cuter than her in that hat?!

This is how she likes to crawl...up on her feet.
And this weekend she also cruised between two pieces of furniture.
Heaven help us.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

bailey crawled like that!