Sunday, April 11, 2010

Family Vacation 2010

Time to start recapping our trip.
So beware.
This is my online journal so if you dont want to see pictures of the happy family having a blast...sign off now.
I'll include a post or two about the downsides to a week and 1/2 vacation in the car with 4 kids too so that should keep you all entertained.

First I will just set the timeline:
We left on Wednesday the 31st after supper and traveled to Gatlinburg, TN - smack in the middle of the Smoky Mountain National Park. We arrived at 8 am.
Checked into our condo, got some groceries, ate breakfast and then went to sleep. All of us.
After the nap we headed to Ober-Gatlinburg -
which is a tram up the mountain to a family fun area.

Saturday morning we got up and drove to Orlando. 14 hours or something.
It was long. We arrived at our hotel at 10:30 PM.
And got up the next day and arrived at Disney at 9:00 AM.

Sunday we drove to New Smyrna Beach, FL and stayed in a condo right on the beach. It was awesome. And relaxing and wonderful.

We left there on Thursday morning and traveled back to Gatlinburg, TN. This time we met my oldest brother Jeff there and we went to an aquarium and then did some hiking in the mountains.

Then Saturday morning we headed back to GC and arrived home last night after 11.

So now a couple of pictures of an ADORABLE Contessa at one of the Disney parades.

This one is the perfect picture of 'Disney' to me.
Lots to see and constant awe.

I know a lot of people are not Disney fans. Its expensive, busy, touristy, loud, and somewhat sickening.
Yes, its all that.


But when you see your little girls' dreams come true before your eyes....
you fall in love with Disney. I cried during each parade and when we met with the princesses. I cried at Avery's adorable questions about the castle and where the princesses live.
I love Disney.

We had the most perfect Disney experience and a great vacation. The kids did unbelievably well in the car...truly if I had been told it would go that way I wouldn't have believed it.
And now I believe Jordan and I need a vacation, from the vacation!

This is how Tess sat for at least 20 min. during one of the parades, with her hand on my knee. SO sweet.
Alright, that should get the grandma's off my back for awhile. I'll detail each day more throughout the week...betcha cant wait! :)
More tomorrow...

2 comments:

Courtney said...

sweet, sweet pictures. i'm not a huge fan of "disney" (gasp!) but i'm looking forward to "watching" you do it :-)

Beth said...

More! More! More! Love it.