Monday, April 19, 2010

Now you can laugh...

I still have a few more posts on our trip but I'm taking a break to give you all some good laughter for the day.

Here are some of the out-takes from our time:

1. Garmin vs. Mapquest.
We had both on our trip. And for 95% of the time they worked perfectly and agreed with each other. But the 5% of the time that there was a discrepancy was beyond frustrating. Especially once in the middle of the night when Jordan started asking me to figure out why they weren't agreeing and to tell him which way we should go. (I dont read maps real well under good circumstances...so adding in the fact that it was dark and I was asleep really didn't help!)

2. Sullivan, Sullivan, Sullivan
Again for 95% of the time he was awesome on the trip. But the 5% of the time that he was wild, mischievous, LOUD and just plain crazy...he was a handful. At one point at Disney I'm pretty sure Jordan was trying to lose him. He thrives on consistency and we had none on our trip! :)

3. Which leads me to my next point. We had no schedule on our trip. Often we ate supper at 8:30 pm and the kids went to bed at 10:30 - or later! Naps were questionable and by the end everyone was getting pretty cranky. Turns out 12 days is a pretty long time to have four kids out of their routine!

4. Sand. Seriously, how do people live on the beach? I would do a load of laundry and the washer tub would have mounds of sand at the bottom. And the 'clean' clothes I would pull out would be covered in sand. Clean? We brought home much of the beach with us.

5. Puke. Oh yes. We had it. Both Avery and Contessa had car sickness. Contessa only had trouble when we were actually driving through the curvy, hilly rounds in the mountains. And lucky she didn't make much mess. But Avery got sick whenever we were in the car for over 4 hours. So at one point, again, I was asleep...Jordan starts yelling, "Pillow! Pillow!"
Or at least that was what I thought he was yelling. Turns out he was actually telling me to give her the pillow CASE! So needless to say we had to throw away Jordan's favorite pillow at a gas station and buy Resolve to clean our NEW VAN! Ugh. And for those of you who think Jordan is always even tempered and happy...ruin his favorite pillow and see what you get! (and we finally figured out the beauty of dramamine for Avery on the trip home!)

6. Lost children.
Yes. We basically lost one of the kids at Disney. It was only for about 60 seconds. And to be honest...we knew where she was...but well to make the story short...a Disney employee got involved and I'm glad DHS didn't get called! Geesch!

So there you go...laugh at us...we did.

1 comment:

Shannon/Jodi said...

How brave of you to take such a long road trip!