Sunday, June 21, 2009

And my cake...

So after reading Courtney's blog and being reminded of the 'rainbow' cake, I had to make it for Avery's birthday. It took quite awhile but was not hard, and the girls had fun helping and watching it all come together....we had it tonight after the park...
Our grocery store did not carry the Wilton's food coloring so my colors are not quite as bright as they could be, but again, Avery was THRILLED! And that was the goal. 


YUMMY! Each piece was so big that 2 people could have shared. 


She turns 5 tomorrow...at this time 5 years ago I believe I was walking the halls at the hospital after asking if I could just go home, I thought it was a false alarm. They told me I was NOT going home. 


4 comments:

Courtney said...

isn't it fun?!? ours is almost gone...i'm sad...it's such a fun thing to be sitting in my kitchen!

Melanie said...

Great cake!!

Shannon/Jodi said...

Beautiful cake! I'll have to try it sometime. Do you use white cake mix?

Beckysblog said...

Yep, if you click on the link to Courtney's blog you'll be able to get all the instructions. It is super easy, but takes time, especially if you only have two cake pans...
I might buy more because my kids thought this was just about the coolest thing I've ever made...