Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm drowning...

...in a sea of insurance referrals and doctors appointments and tests for my kids.

Here's the latest on each:
1. Lauren - she goes to the U of I ENT's on July 9th for her consultation. I guess that is when they will say, 'yes surgery', or 'no surgery'.

2. Contessa - her appointment at the U of Urology is not until August 31st. If we couldn't take that date we had to wait till JANUARY! So I took it. The lady told me she squeezed us in then...She continues on her low-dose antibiotic.
Oh, and her chest x-ray last week came back negative. No pnemonia. But she still sounds horrid. She coughs a lot during the night especially. And she's less content than normal, I dont know if that's teeth or not?!

3. Sully - his stool sample tests all came back negative - so there is no infection or parasite causing the diareha.
So we do blood work tomorrow and then we have to have a 'sweat' test done. This has to be done at a hospital which is out of network for us so we have to get a referral and of course that takes a bit so its scheduled for July 10th.
The more people and health professionals I talk to about this the more I'm thinking it is a gluten allergy or something like it. For one thing, along with the diarhea, his ezcema is as bad as it has ever been...I've had people ask me what is wrong with his legs more times in the last month than I can count. They are ON FIRE. There is no white to his skin, it is flame red.
And most healthcare people are telling me that the skin and the diarhea are probably related and its probably that allergy.
I need prayer on this one. I'm uptight and nervous about it. I'm not a creative cook. I live by 'easy'. So if this is what turns up, I am going to have my world rearranged - at least my kitchen world!

So that is how Summer 2009 looks for us at this point...yeah, I'm Debbie Downer today.

6 comments:

jody said...

we will be at the University Urology on August 31st! Small world.
Quinc is having a little surgery that day...

Hang in there with all the appointments and paperwork...it does make one's head spin.

Beckysblog said...

Wow! Maybe we should do lunch! ;)

Sarah Guild said...

Wow. That is most certainly alot. From one allergy mom... eczema flare-ups are a sign of food allergies for J. J's skin looks bad when he gets dairy in something. And, the beginning of cooking for an allergy isn't too fun but now I don't even really think about it. Hang in there!

The Siegerts said...

Hang in there. I, too, have heard that ezcema and allergies go hand in hand. You might remember that we had to remove all dairy from Kyah's diet right when she turned two. I will share my tips and advice if you want it sometime. Hang in there. You might be nervous and uptight about it now, but as a mom you find the strength to do what you have to do. Hang in there and stay strong.

Courtney said...

man. that is a LOT! i'll be praying for it all. mostly for PEACE for you!

trista said...

So, I'm going to sound a little crazy here...
But I was just watching Mystery Diagnosis on TLC. There was a woman who had chronic diarrhea multiple times a day for a year and a half. No parasites, bacteria, etc. She ended up having Habba syndrome, which is too much bile produced by the gall bladder which in turn causes too much acid in the intestines, resulting in diarrhea. there is a site, www.habbasyndrome.com named after the doctor who studied it...Dr. Habba. Maybe check it out....you never know? BTW, it's treatable with medication to neutralize the acid created by the extra bile. Really, I'm sane. Just ask my cousin! :)