Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Making sense

A lot going on in our hearts and minds tonight as we try to make sense out of what has happened in Parkersburg. Praying hard for the community, the Thomas family and more specifically for those close to us who are affected, namely Kelly and his family. 

In trying to make sense we've realized that its not our job to make sense. Its our job to trust. To trust that this is God's plan. 

When I lost my dad I became acutely aware that God's plans are not always going to be ones that I understand, or...like! I clung to something Beth Moore said in one of her bible studies. I can't quote it word for word but basically she was saying that when tragedy strikes our lives we need to remember that above us, God is pleading with us to rely on Him, to understand that He is there saying, "If you only you could see it from my view! If only you knew MY plan, if you only you'd trust in that!"

I do know this, God's plan is perfect. He knew that Ed Thomas was going to die today and He has a great plan for that tragedy. As He always does. 

Kelly, when my dad died you called me with two verses for me to read...one of which I read countless times and it calmed me so much... I Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor Ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him."

Praying...

No comments: