Thursday, June 25, 2009

Brave

Today marks one week since our first trip to the pool...we have gone every day except Tuesday and Wednesday. 

The 3 older kids are 10 times braver than they were on day one. 

I cant decide if that's good or bad. 

I think its both:

Good because I can actually sit on the edge of the pool and talk with all the mom's and not be soaking wet lugging 4 kids around. 

Bad because while I'm sitting there I'm wondering which of my kids is endanger of drowning and doing repeated head checks, making sure Sully stays as close as I can bribe him to stay and that the girls stay together AND CONSTANTLY counting to 4. (I'm REALLY good at counting to 4.)

So really I don't get to chat that much anyway and why is it that I'm the only mother there who seems concerned that her kids might drown? 

2 comments:

The Siegerts said...

I am good at counting to four, too! :o) While we had Alexa, I could even count to five.

I hear you, while I would like to chat with the other moms, I am constantly doing head checks and making sure I can see all four.

Have a fun summer!

yoderyears said...

I will second that...about moms not being concerned their kids are breathing air instead of water. It is scary to watch sometimes.