Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"You had to NOT be there."

Jordan left for work before I even had a thought about getting out of bed this morning.
So, he emailed me after I had arrived at work and asked how things had gone with the kids.

I told him that at one point, all 3 of the older kids were in tears...Lauren because she suddenly realized that her day-camp was all day, not just a few hours and she wanted more time at Grandma Barb's house. Avery because she suddenly realized that Lauren, her playmate, wasn't going to be with her at Grandma Barb's house all day. Sully because I wouldn't let him take his gun to 'school' for the bear hunt and camping day they had planned.

Jordan's response to all of that was, "Oh, cute, I wish I'd been there."

I emailed back, "Cute? Are you kidding? You miss one morning and suddenly all 3 of them crying while you're trying to shove breakast down them and get them to tie their shoes and brush their hair all the while holding the baby and trying to fix your own hair, is suddenly fun and cute and something not to be missed?"

He responded, "Yeah, I guess you kind of had to not be there."

That struck me as really funny. Because no doubt, I will look back on those mornings and be sad that they are gone...but man, right now, oh man...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Those are the moments it woudl be fun to be a fly on your wall:)