Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009

I failed miserably at Father's Day this year. Well, I guess in my own defense...I put some work into it yesterday. I wrapped a gift, prepared a meal in the crock pot to be ready for us after church today and yesterday I had the kids all make cards for him. 

But of course, we woke up and things got crazy this am. We ran out the door with exactly enough time to get to church and not be late. As we were walking in, a nice man we didn't know held the door for us and wished Jordan a very happy father's day. 

My heart sank. I literally wanted to walk back out to the van and hide. 

It wasn't until right then that I even remembered it was Father's Day! Jordan had kind of a sheepish grin on his face and Lauren gasped...yelling out, Happy Father's Day Daddy! I'm sure she wanted to glare at me for not remembering to have all of them wake him up with Father's Day hugs this morning. 

I believe he has forgiven me although I've assured him repeatedly that I would NOT have forgiven him yet! ;)

Seriously Jordan, my lack of effort on this day in no way expresses the gratefulness that I feel in my heart for having you in our lives. Our children have a perfect example before them of love, selflessness, hard work, dedication, respect and honor. You lead your family to become more like Christ and I am so blessed at all you give to us, never complaining, always going the extra mile. You put in countless hours at work and never think of slacking at home, our children and I feel that, we see it. 

Thank you. I know that my greatest blessing this side of heaven, is that my children, call you, "Daddy." 

All our love, thank you for giving us such a wonderful man to celebrate on this day! 

Proverbs 20:7  "The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him."

Just look at the faces on your children...they are completely filled with Love and Admiration for their father. 






Enjoy your golf shoes! 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow, I have almost an identical story. I was in church when I suddenly realized what day ti was too!