Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Three Years

My dad has been gone three years today. I'm having trouble this year coming up with words that can explain what is going on in my heart and mind. I think this quote does a good job for me:

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
-Kahlil Gibran

We miss you dad. Miss you so much. Miss your contagious, boisterous laughter, your jesting and your smile. Your deep eyes and your scratchy mustache. We miss your card playing and your hugs. Your love of old movies, politics, history and good food. We miss when we are all apart and we miss you more when we are all together. We miss how you made us, family.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

thinking of you today beck.
love you....

Shannon/Jodi said...

Praying for you.

Happilyoutnumbered said...

You're in my prayers.

Sarah Guild said...

What a heritage of faith your father left in your family! It is apparent that this is the case as I read about his faith and then about the faith you pray for your children.

Meghan said...

Thinking of you!