Friday, November 13, 2009

Its TIME!

The first party guest has arrived and its getting wild and crazy here already!

Our house will be filled with 8 extra little girls tonight.

Everything is ready to go...but my cake is kind of a flop. Its the Leaning Tower of Pisa with a REALLY bad frosting job.

You know its bad when the 8 year old party guest tells you, "Its ok, who says the frosting has to look perfect?" Before I even mentioned that it wasn't!

Oh well, it should still taste good and next time I'll remember - "order the cake, order the cake!"

Here's to a fun, loud, memorable night!

3 comments:

Garrick said...

Jordan - I may need some help fixing the rotary girder on my lawn mower tonight. It's the part that's connected to the thing by the blade next to that round part. It's definitely a two man job. So, if Becky is ok with it, can you please come over and help tonight?? It's probably going to take about 4 hours or at least until all the girls are sleeping. I'm sure Becky will be cool with it. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Beck, do you not remember the house cake I tried to make for you...held together with toothpicks...and, it did not taste good?!!! Trust me, Lauren will not care!!!
Love
mom
PS Garrick...good try!!!

Shannon/Jodi said...

When I made this cake for Jackson's birthday last month, I froze the layers a bit before layering them. It made the cake more firm and easier to work with. I also used a pretty stiff cream cheese frosting so it wouldn't slide off.

I'm sure Lauren and her friends LOVED the cake, and Lauren will remember the effort you put forth to make this fun cake for her.