Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Uh-May-Zing Day

Friday after Jordan gave me my wish of a day with just the 6 of us out enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather...he ran to work quick to wrap a few things up for the week while I stayed home and started packing and getting lunch together.

When he came home he suggested we go to a local state park rather than traveling the 2 hours to Ledges because he had been given tickets to the ISU basketball game for that night and thought we could do that as a night out.

I of course agreed....and we were off.

Union Grove State Park in Gladbrook is really a wonderful place. I went there countless times with my family growing up. Its filled with memories for me and I remember why!

The kids had SO much fun climbing, exploring and just being kids. I've got lots of stories of that time but for now here is just one of the pictures...I even got our Christmas card picture taken while we were there...the weather and the scenery were beyond perfect.
Tess sat by the water's edge for at least 45 minutes without moving...just throwing rocks and being SO very cute. Sullivan was in boy heaven and Lauren and Avery were our brave little climbers and hikers!

Grandma Cindy offered to babysit for as long as we needed so Jordan took me out for a great supper and couple time before the game.

I think my face in these pictures pretty much says it all.

At the game, with Cy.

Jordan says that the Hawks may have football...but the Cyclones have bball. Apparently he liked what he saw...or perhaps he just becomes a kid in a candy store when he enters Hilton Coliseum!?

From start to finish it was the perfect way to celebrate our day!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

awesome! can't wait to see the christmas pic!!

Ellie said...

How fun! We have never been over to that park in Gladbrook...might have to check it out sometime.

Anonymous said...

Becky you look amazing..and I'm not just saying that because you are wearing a great hat, standing next to Cy and in the middle of Hilton magic! I think it is because of the 10 wonderful years of marriage! :) Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

May the Lord continue to bless, even at ISU...

Mom