Thursday, November 19, 2009

More random wierdness

Random weirdness seems to be the story of my life right now.
Just chaotic and no time to really put to thoughts together...
but amidst the chaos are some really good things.

Memories I want to keep.

Here are some of the top ones for the past week:

1. Sullivan calls this his 'Jesus Songs Book'. He told Jordan the other night..."I have to sleep with it, it keeps me from having bad dreams, cause its Jesus singing to me." Love him.


2. Jordan called me today and said, "I saw someone out walking their dog and so I just wanted to call and tell you that I love you. And thank you. For not making me get a dog." Love him too. He cracks me up and makes me feel so loved at the same time.

3. Avery has been begging to have Brooklyn over for literally weeks. She is coming tomorrow for a playdate. She has talked of nothing else all week. Before bed tonight she tells Jordan, "Daddy! Brooklyn is coming tomorrow and is staying all night." Uh, no...but cute.

4. I think Tess is cutting her molars. She has been whiny and clingy the past couple days. But SO snuggly that its almost worth it. Tonight when I rocked her before bed and sang to her she stroked my cheek and when I finished singing she just smiled at me. Like saying, Im sorry Im being difficult...and I love you. I love this age. Love it.

5. Tonight's suppertime question was, "Name three things you are thankful for." Lauren's answers were, 1. my family that loves me, 2. that I can go to school and learn, cause some kids cant, 3. that thanksgiving is coming and we will see all our family that we dont see and we can all sit down together and eat. She's like 22.

6. Tonight Sullivan named all his stuffed animals in his room after characters from the MarioKart game. Cute and also scary...he's so obsessed. He has been banned from it since Tuesday as a punishment and he gets the privilege back tomorrow. We'll see how long it lasts.

7. Girl Talk Jenga. Lauren got this game for her birthday and Jordan has played it with them about every night since then. Its hysterical to me. One of the questions in the game is, who do you have a crush on? Lauren refused to answer the question and got very embarrassed. But Avery chimes right in, "I'll tell you who I have a crush on...Patrick!" Talk about scary obsessions...there's one!

8. I dont know if its that the holidays are coming or what but lately I feel like I am constantly thinking about my dad. I miss him like crazy. You'd think that after 3.5 years have passed you might get used to the absence. But you dont. Im seeing now that I probably will always feel a piece of my heart is gone. But I am really blessed to have Melanie in my life during this. She lost her dad 10 years before I lost my dad. It means the world to have her there to understand and listen. Its also nice to have Jordan ...who misses my dad as much as I do and lets me go on and on whenever I need to. I'm crazy blessed.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

loved all the cute stuff about/from your kids!

and i'm sorry it's still so hard...missing your dad...i can't imagine...

Anonymous said...

You are not crazy, just blessed and proves you and JD are doing what the Lord wants...except for Hawks and Cubs of course!!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

i love this post!