Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Looking back...

Last night I was thinking about what my life was like exactly 10 years ago this week.

I remember walking around campus at UNI and being so excited I could not concentrate in my classes. I was giddy. I was a great big smiling ball of energy!

I remember bumping into Cassie one day that week and telling her that I didn't know if I could possibly last till the weekend...I just wanted it here!

I remember when Thursday rolled around and I had 2 classes that day...one in the am, one in the afternoon and they were both with the same professor. I arrived early at my first class, walked up to my professor and said, Look, I'm going to be honest, Im not going to be paying attention ...I get married in 2 days...can I just leave? He laughed and told me to get out.

I remember moving all of our things into our tiny, married-student housing apartment with my dad and Jordan that week. I remember thinking the apartment was the CUTEST thing I'd ever seen and wanting everything just right for when Jordan and I moved in together later the day after our wedding.

I remember the exact feeling I had as I stood in the living room saying good bye to my dad after he'd unloaded the last load and Jordan and I were going to stay and continue unpacking.

I remember feeling like I was really an adult - at 22 years old! And like I must have held a special key to be blessed to be SO happy.Truly, I was walking on air that week. I was marrying the man I loved more than anything in the world and we were just so excited to live together and start our lives together.

In ten years I think it is amazing that I can still remember the smell of that apartment and so many memories from that first year like they were yesterday. They are so vivid and so sweet in my mind.

I remember standing in the church the night of our rehersal dinner as our friends and family started to arrive and having tears in my eyes because I just felt so surrounded by love and happiness.

I remember holding Jordan's hand as we greeted everyone and feeling so completely happy and thankful and crazy in love with this man.

It felt like magic. It sounds corny but it did. I can still capture that feeling when I think about that week.

Wow, I am so blessed...and still so in love with this man that I married 10 years ago.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i'm teary. that was so sweet! and such a gift that you still remember all that!!!