Sunday, November 15, 2009

She's happy, Mommy's sad

Lauren had a wonderful day.

It started with donuts, happy birthday singing and presents from mom and dad.

She got an EZ Bake oven from us. She's been asking for it for literally a year and a half. I finally realized she really could do it all on her own this year...so I got it for her.

She LOVES it! Here she is with her baking assistants...all fresh from the bath tub this morning.


After a quiet morning we headed to my mom's house for birthday lunch and then home so she could just play with her things.

We ended the night with games and daddy's famous shakes.

Then she requested we watch a video from when she was a baby. It never fails to get me crying.

Tonight I was filled with the realization that we dont have many years left of nights like tonight - where they are all home, all seeking our attention and ALL OURS!

Soon Lauren wont be curled up next to Jordan and I on the couch while Tess and Avery dance to the music from the video and Sully plays the DS while watching it all from the love seat.

And while I do realize that they are not MINE to begin with...they are on loan to me from above...Suddenly, something inside me is starting to hurt.

3 comments:

Choose Joy said...

You are such a great mom. You cherish your 4 little gifts from God! They are very lucky....they know it too!

Anonymous said...

Decide to have at least one more,it sure worked for me!!!

mom

Shannon/Jodi said...

I agree!