Saturday, November 07, 2009

Walmart

Jordan has a lot of teaching/preaching responsibilities the month of November.

So, trying to show him some gratitude for yesterday I thought, Hey, I'll get the kids out of his hair for 3 hours or so today and let him study.

I needed a large Walmart trip, so off I went with 4 kids and my mini-van.

So, Walmart was PACKED.

PACKED like the week before Christmas PACKED.

Tess decided that riding in the cart wasn't for her after about 10 minutes. Avery and Sully decided that driving each other crazy was super fun and Lauren well, ok, Lauren was still Lauren.

Of course the checkout clerk had to be sure to tell me, "Boy you have your hands full." As she also told me "be sure your kids dont take any of those toys they are playing with, without paying"

Uh yeah, cause that's my scheme...to spend like $250 on groceries and then let my kids steal the $.49 junk toys you keep around the check out!

Oh! AND...I realized while we were driving over that my shirt was on inside out! And then I forgot about again until we were back in the van driving HOME. So I walked around the entire time with my shirt on inside out. So yes, I really have it all together! A screaming baby, fighting preschoolers and a mom who cant dress herself. We must have been quite the site.

Anyway, it wasn't a great trip to Walmart...but its done and Jordan got some work done and we got to play outside when we got home. Mission accomplished.

Now when is bed time! That exhausted me! ;)

Oh, and we've been home 3 hours and I just realized I still haven't fixed my shirt. I'm not sure there is much point to wearing it correctly for the day anymore.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

thanks for sharing...and making me feel normal because i live that scene about once a week :-)

Ellie said...

Well this coincided "perfectly" with my perfecitionism post :)

Say that 5 times real fast!

I have had that situation happen with only 1 child in Target. ONE CHILD. How embarrassing! Except I actually left a cart full of stuff by the door and just walked out. Way to tough it out and follow through!

Anonymous said...

I have to know what shirt you were wearing!!

Shannon/Jodi said...

Shannon had his shirt on inside out during his deacon meeting and evening church on Sunday.